Birthing Pains...and Joys

There are few moments that conjure up such an array of emotions as the day before you know you're going to give birth! Part of me is very excited to meet little Isaac, to finally see what this squirmy baby looks like. What color will his hair be? Will he have a head full of it? How big will he be? What will his little personality be like? Another part of me is sadden to end the actual pregnancy. Pregnancy is such a special time. It's a bond that only you and that child will ever share. Even though sleeping and trying to get comfortable in bed is one of the most difficult things I've ever done, I wouldn't trade it for anything. There is nothing like feeling Isaac roll around, and even though I gripe about him kicking me in the bladder and swinging on my ribs, it's something I know I'll be missing in the next few weeks.

The other emotional see saw I'm on is in regards to Eva Grace. I remember feeling this way before she was born about Josh and me. I was so upset the day before we went in, because it was the last day it was just the two of us. Now, I can't imagine, nor would I want to, what life was like without our daughter. She is one loved little girl and I'm anxious about how well she is going to adjust to Isaac. She is excited about having a baby brother, but I worry about what will happen when the newness wears off. Something about having another child, makes the older child seem to grow up that much faster. She was already on the fast track! I took off work today so I can have some quality time with just her before the excitement begins.

I am one blessed woman and I pray I'll be able to be grateful in each moment instead of mourning for a previous one or being upset that the moment isn't exactly as I had planned.

Comments

Popular Posts