Josh and I have undertaken a commitment to become healthier. (By the way, you can see Josh's journey at www.teamearnit.com ) One of the trainers we've been working with had this quote on her facebook today. I thought it was very appropriate for me and my mission to try to live and enjoy this given moment.

"So many of the bad things we imagine will happen NEVER DO! How much of your day are you spending imagining the worst case scenario? I'm going to invite you to do some house cleaning on your thinking and shift your focus to the infinite potential within. Remember, focus on what you want, not what you don't want."

It would be extremely embarrassing if I admitted to myself how many times I imagine the absolute worse in almost all situations. For instance, I went to the dentist on Monday for the first time in .... way, way too long. I had been preparing myself for the worse news. I expected them to lecture me and almost run me out of the office! Now, don't get me wrong, I take care of my teeth. I had just not been to the dentist in a while. I was shocked by how many times the dentist and his staff mentioned how great my teeth looked! I still cannot believe. And to think...I spent so much time worrying about that very visit! That's time I cannot get back...that's precious energy I can't get back. 


When I stop to look at my day and think about how much more time and energy I spend imagining and fearing the worst in almost all situations, it makes me sad. It is time to take back my energy and time and realize, once again, there is no need for fear or worry.

Comments

Popular Posts